Welcome to Celebrating Truth!
It is my hope that we can discover together that Jesus does listen to our prayers and does respond when we call.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

wrapped in His robe

There was a day not too long ago where I was so weary in my heart and body. My heart was heavy with recent events in my family. I was trying to unload it all on Jesus, like you would vent to a best friend. I just wanted to get it out, but I was too tired and overwhelmed to even talk. I needed rest mentally and physically.
I remembered that Jesus had promised me rest in Psalm 23 and that was exactly what I was seeking. In my mind's eye I had curled up on the floor at the throne of God. I just wanted to lie at His feet. Another passage I had read - Isaiah 6:1 - spoke of God seated on His throne and the train of His robe filled the temple. I wanted to lie at His feet and be wrapped in His robe like a blanket. I sat quietly in my chair resting at His feet.
After some time, in mind's eye, I looked around the throne room and saw wall to wall people lying down as I was, covered in His robe finding comfort at His feet; comfort and rest for our weary souls and bodies. Each of us feeling as if we were right at His feet.
I found rest in those moments and restoration for my soul, now able to face another day. The struggles and problems had not gone away but I was refreshed and renewed to live out the day He had chosen for me.
We serve a great and glorious God! HALLELUJAH!!

No comments: