Welcome to Celebrating Truth!
It is my hope that we can discover together that Jesus does listen to our prayers and does respond when we call.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

What it's all about

Well, here I go, on another adventure with God. Who knew that someone like me would start a blog! I didn't even know what a blog was a year ago!
So why am I doing this? Well...to declare on my new mountain top how great God is! Years ago when I was in a really difficult season of my life, I was seeing Christ's faithfulness and provision on a regular basis. During this time I just wanted to shout from the mountain tops what He was doing in my life and how faithful He was. But there was no mountain in my corner of the world. Instead I would call a girlfriend and we would shout and cry and share with one another the song that touched our hearts or the verses we had read that answered a prayer or how much we appreciated a message at church or a topic in our weekly Bible study.
Due to the season of life I am in and the relatively new job I am in, regular time with friends isn't as available as it once was. So here is my new mountain top, my new place to sometimes shout for joy or quietly and in awe share how Christ revealed Himself in word or song.
I have heard it said, "My prayers are bouncing off the ceiling," or "When will He answer my prayer? Is He even listening?" This breaks my heart! The Bible tells us over and over again that He hears, He listens, and that our prayers are so precious to Him that there is an angel who collects our prayers and places them like incense in a gold bowl right next to His throne!(Psalm141:2,Rev.5:8,8:3-4) I am here to say that He doesn't always give me the answers I am looking for right away or sometimes not at all but He does answer my call and He does reach out to me. I just had to adjust my focus and I found Him.
This is what I want to celebrate and share with you. Specific answers to prayer may take longer to come than we would like but it doesn't mean that He is not hearing us or speaking to us in other ways while we wait for that particular answer. He is full of love for us and promises to be with us in our circumstances right where we are.(Deut. 31:6)
So come with me and celebrate Jesus' love and pursuit of each of us.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Glad you are writing. Thanks for sharing.

Kristin

-K. said...

Congrats on your new blog! :)